Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Vocabulary List

Last week I met my friend Jess for a glass of wine in front of a roaring, albeit fake, fire at West on Center. While we chatted about the new and exciting developments in our lives, our conversation naturally shifted to Caitlin and all of new and exciting developments in her life-walking backward, Caitlin's first time on a sled, Caitlin's love of Brussel sprouts. As we talked, I bragged about Caitlin's growing vocabulary. She seems to learn a new word every few days. Jess said her mother kept a list of her first words, organized by month. She asked if I wrote down Caitlin's words. Shamefully, no. Since it is a new year and a time for new beginnings, I resolve to write more, more lists, more blog posts. If I fail to document these exciting times of change for Caitlin, I know they will be forgotten. So here it is, Caitlin's first vocabulary list:

Caitlin's words-16 1/2 mos.
Mama (her first word at around 9 mos.)
Daddy/Dada
Doggy
Puppy
Bella
Ball
Papa
Cookie
Cracker
More
O.k.
No (one of her favorites)
All done
Baa (a sheep sound, that counts, right?)
Ducky,
Jackie (Matt's cousin whose name Caitlin said over and over after he joined us for Sunday dinner)
Uh Oh! (another favorite)
Bye Bye
Hi
Juice
Moo

Caitlin has used some of these words just a handful of times, but I think that counts. It's so exciting watching Caitlin learn to express what she wants and how she feels. I feel like any day now she is going to wake up and speak in sentences. The girl loves to talk! I wonder where she gets that from....

No comments:

Post a Comment