Monday, November 23, 2009

Celebrations

Today is Caitlin's three month birthday, which marks her transition from newborn to infant. Unfortunately, Caitlin is spending her big day with a stuffy nose and a little cough, but we still have plenty to celebrate. First and foremost, I celebrate our family surviving and adapting relatively well to life with baby. Nobody has reported us to DSS, our house is still standing (even though it's a little messy), and I even have managed to shower every day since Caitlin was born. Secondly-and more jubilantly-, I celebrate Caitlin. She has changed and grown so much during her first three months. When Caitlin first came home, she was little more than an adorable blob who slept, pooped, and ate all day and all night long. Although she still sleeps, poops, and eats plenty, she has much more to offer. Caitlin can now smile, laugh, babble, hold up her head, and roll onto her left and right sides. She goes to bed by 7:30 each night and is very close to sleeping through the night. During her waking hours, Caitlin is alert and notices all the excitement surrounding her, such as mom making oatmeal or watching bad daytime television. Caitlin's first three months have also brought many adventures, including a bridal shower, a wedding, a Halloween party, and countless shopping trips and errands. When I think of our first three months together I feel very proud of both my baby and myself. All in all, I think we've done pretty well. While Caitlin's sniffles may deter her partying, I think I may treat myself to a slice of cake tonight.

1 comment: